Yep, you bet. I did a lot of baking during the very long Holy Week break. And now I’m bored because I’m back too work and everyone seems to be migrating websites these days. What’s up with that? I’m swamped with email requests and work. So to counter the ‘enslaving’ vibe, I’ve decided to share some goody-foodie recipe: my very own Choco-Oatmeal Cookies 🙂
PS: Pardon the low-res images. I took them with my tablet. So lazy to get the camera. The tablet functions as my recipe notebook + camera.
You will need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips – I only used these to top the cookies prior to getting them inside the oven. I didn’t mix it with the other ingredients
- 1/3 cup raisins
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar. Beat in the egg. Stir in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon. Mix in the oats and raisins. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Flatten cookies slightly. Top each with 3-4 pcs chocolate chips
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Look how these turned out.. YUM! (Yes, I gained weight during the vacation break)