Today, my alarm clock failed me. It was the heavy morning rain outside my bed room window that woke me up this Friday. What a great way to cap the week with a relaxing, chill TGIF! This reminds me that the weekend is around the corner. And my last memory of it, I did some baking-from-scratch-brownies.
Brownies are one of my all-time favorite comfort food, perfect for a rainy weekend. I’ve tried those easy-peasy box recipes. But they’re not as indulging as the recipe below.
What you need:
1½ cups sugar (I used brown sugar to make it more caramel-tasting)
¾ cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used chopped Goya Raisins & Nuts chocolate bars (3 pcs.) because I’m classy like that, ha!)
How to do it:
This baking recipe is so easy. All you need is to mix, put the batter on your dish, then bake!
1. Combine the sugar, flour, salt (if using unsalted butter), cocoa, eggs and melted butter and mix.
I normally microwave the butter to melt it. So far, it has not ruined any of my recipes despite the precaution that all ingredients should be under normal room temperature.
2. Just mix using a wooden spoon until all dry and wet ingredients are incorporated well. No need to beat it. Be careful not to overbeat/overmix it as this will produce the gluten from the flour.
3. Pour the chocolate chips into the mix and blend well. Since chocolate chips are outrageously expensive in our local groceries, I opted for a cheaper alternative in the person of a Goya Raisin & Nuts bar (3 pieces) haha! I just chopped the choco bars and that makes my chunks of choco bigger in every bite as compared to imported chocolate chips. The taste is just equally satisfying.
If you’re on the healthier side,you may want to go for the Goya Dark Chocolate bar, although in my experience they pretty much melt quickly in my hand while chopping.
- If you don’t like nuts and raisins, then go for your regular milk chocolate bar.
- White chocolate bars also make for a yummy version!
4. Line a 9×13 baking dish with wax paper.
5. Pour the batter and spread it out.
6. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
My brownies turned out like these. The little sisters loved it!!!
I was quite pleased🙂